Exceptional service is the hallmark of the Fairmont Empress experience. As Sales Representative, your passion for sales will help create memorable experiences for our guests.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Empress sits majestically at the cornerstone of Victoria's sparkling Inner Harbour. Our 464 room hotel with beautiful turn of the centrury architecture complements our warm and engaging service of turning moments into memories for our guests.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Administrative duties include: processing proposals, contracts, definite bookings and other support items as directed by Sales Managers
- Working directly with the Sales Managers in a supportive role to secure group business originating from a variety of geographic locations and market segments
- Utilizing Opera Sales and Catering to create and execute group bookings
- Build relationships with all relevant stakeholders: Fairmont Global Sales Office(s), The Victoria Conference Centre, Tourism Victoria, DMCs, Attractions and Offsite Venues
- Assist in the co-ordination and execution of client site inspections, FAMS and events
- Quote and negotiate rates within established parameters in support of the strategic plan
- Participate in prospecting activities to uncover new group business
- Research current and new customers to understand total potential for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Assume client responsibility in the absence of Sales Managers
- A minimum of two years experience in a customercontact environment
Strongverbal and written communications and presentation skills
Proven organizational skills with special attention todetail
Post-secondary education with a degree and/or diplomain Hotel Management or Business or equivalent experience
Proficient in the use of CRS, Property Manager and MicrosoftOffice programs
Mustbe a competitive, goal-oriented team player, self-motivated and willing to takeinitiative.
Financialanalytical skills an asset
Visa Requirements: Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website