Warewasher - Part TimeEvery memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team's commitment to safe and efficient operations. As a warewasher, you will play an important role in support of your Colleagues and the preparation of exceptional cuisine.
Fairmont Château Laurier is the iconic hotel of Ottawa - Canada's capital city. Built in the age of grandeur, Ottawa's very own castle is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French château. A symbol of timeless elegance, the hotel combines a distinctive blend of historic charm and modern efficiencies.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Clean all dishes, glass wear, cutlery, buffet ware, pots and pans either by hand or by using an industrial dishwasher .
- Ensure the kitchen & banquet Colleagues have the needed clean dishes, glass wear,cutlery, buffet ware pots & pans required to service our guests.
- Sort, stack and store all cleaned items in a organized and safe manner.
- Ensure items are removed from circulation that are no longer functional.
- Ensure your work station is clean, tasks are complete & floors are dry and clean at all times.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience not required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to be engaging with guests & colleagues as part of a team .
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Follow all hotel policies & Standards as set out by professional appearance & grooming standards.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website