Hotel Overview: Fairmont Austin offers 1,048 guestrooms and suites, along with 140,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the largest luxury hotel in one of the fastest growing markets in the US.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Sorting of dirty linen from laundry chute and other areas to be processed.
- Pickup of dirty linen from F&B, Housekeeping and other areas.
- Operating all washers, dryers, ironers, Pressing equipment and other machines as required.
- Stack/Fold clean items into laundry bins/carts to be delivered to the respective departments specified locations.
- Operating of washers/dryers to process all soiled laundry, specialty items or requests for guests.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the department at all times.
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and Friendly Service
- Proficient in English (verbal & written) essential
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in a laudry capacity in a hotel Housekeeping environment
- Ability to work alone for long periods of time
- Previous experience is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Must be able to stand in work station for up to 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted on a regular basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts up to 250 pounds unassisted often throughout the shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch on a regular basis.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions in the spoken language of the work area.
- Must be able to travel to various areas of the hotel to pick/deliver linen.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website