Assistant Security Manager
Safety and Security are of paramount importance in all Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. As Security Supervisor you will assist to lead the team which is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of all guests and colleagues at all times.
Hotel Overview: Situated atop the scenic bluffs overlooking Santa Monica Beach, Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is just a stone's throw away from some of Southern California's best attractions including Santa Monica Pier and its historic carousel as well as Third Street Promenade -- famous for its fine restaurants, live entertainment, movie theatres, shopping, local artists' scene and a weekly farmer's market.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Security Management, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Assist to oversee the day-to-day management of the Security department
- Ensure overall guest and Colleague safety through the implementation and review of hotel-wide security measures
- Directs, oversees and participates in the development of the Security Department's strategic planning for The Bungalow and contracted hotel events; assigns work activities, projects and programs; monitors workflow; reviews and evaluates work performed, methods and procedures
- Plans and directs vendor security training programs
- Act as a liaison within the community and policing forces to maintain awareness of current security issues
- Be knowledgeable in the use of all security equipment, i.e. radios, cameras, electronic lock systems and report any safety, security and/or fire hazards or violations
- Actively participate in the design and execution of the Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Plans and implements security goals and objectives; recommends and administers policies and procedures.
- Assist to lead Security Agents via strong performance management.
- Ensure the safety and security of our guests, employees, assets and facilities by conducting regular patrols.
- Conduct monthly key audits and safety audits as requested.
- Rendering First-Aid to guests and employees as required by internal guidelines.
- Ensure all incidents are documented as required by internal guidelines.
- Assist to manage the departmental budget
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Three years of security experience which must have included one year of supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Certification in CPR First Aid preferred
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website