Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. Showcase your service and organization strengths as Banquet Houseperson, where your attention to detail, safety and quality will help “set the stage” for a successful group function.
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travellers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Banquet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Have complete knowledge of the hotel's events, services and facilities
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended both internal and external customers
- Maintain an orderly working environment, inform manager of any deficiencies
- To carry out tasks as assigned by your manager or supervisor that pertain to the overall operation of the banquet department
- To refresh rooms as assigned by your manager or supervisor
- To set up and tear down meeting rooms according to the pre-determined standards of the department and hotel, and direction of your manager
- To ensure guest service excels at all times
- To ensure guests needs and requirements are carried out with a helpful, and timely manner
- To complete all miscellaneous duties as directed by your supervisor or manager that pertain to the operation of the department
- To transport all equipment and store in the appropriate storage rooms, in a safe manner
- Understand and carry out duties according to all banquet event orders and the instructions for each event
- Understand all hotel and guests functions to be able to answer any questions made by any guests
- To clean banquet rooms, vacuum, mop and dust as instructed
- Ensure fire exits are clean and free of obstructions
- Other duties as assigned
- Teamwork approach to all duties and helpful attitude with co-workers
- Efficient and effective approach to completing all tasks
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) a must
- Previous experience in banquets in a hotel is preferred
- Must be able to lift and transport heavy equipment
- Must be able to follow instructions and understand set up diagrams
- Excellent problem solving skills required
- Must provide a positive and professional demeanor
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Constant lifting and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5091or firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website