Hotel Overview: Fairmont Austin will offer 1,048 guestrooms and suites, along with 140,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the most anticipated hotel opening in one of the fastest growing markets in the US.
Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. As Banquet Manager, you will liaise between multiple departments to ensure the success of every group function – and model exceptional service and leadership skills among your team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Banquets, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the Banquet team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Address guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Train Supervisors in the absence of a trainer
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Work closely with the Culinary and Stewarding team to ensure all banquetmeeting requirements are in place
- Work with the Conference Services & Catering department to ensure that revenues and guest satisfaction levels are maximized
- Manage the departmental budget
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in banquets is preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website