Bell / Door Attendant
A smile and helping hand is what our Guests will experience as you personally greet them on their arrival. As a Bell / Door Attendant with Fairmont Pittsburgh, your knowledge of the hotel and the professionalism you display will create a sense of “welcome” like no other. The Bell/Door Attendant is responsible for all aspects of Lobby service – from arrival, luggage services, lobby assistance through departure. The candidate is required to have exceptional guest service skills and thrive on creating a welcoming environment.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh's business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• Provides all arriving guests with a warm welcome
• Act as first/last point of contact for guest, opening/closing car and Hotel Lobby doors, includes bidding farewell
• Executes curbside check in
• Keeping Door area and Lobby impeccable at all times
• Utilizing Guest Name in all interactions
• knowledgeable on Pittsburgh – Attractions, Directions, Cultural Scene, etc
• Assists guests with luggage and secured luggage storage
• Maintains relationships with limousine and cab services
• Escorts guests to their destinations within the hotel
• Assists front office team with check-ins/outs as needed
• Reviews daily reports, group resumes and ensures execution of all special requirements
• Acts as Lobby ambassador throughout shift – providing thoughtful touches for our guests
• Participates in all colleague briefings and formal communication meetings
• Follows all established standards and procedures set out by the hotel and the department
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous experience is an asset
• Must have valid Driver's License
• Previous Experience in a luxury property an asset
• Ability to prioritize and execute guest requests through strong organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with great communication ability
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shifts.
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 25 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of valid U.S. work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website