Bell Valet Attendant
A smile and helping hand is what our Guests will experience as you personally greet them on their arrival. As a Bellperson with the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire (managed by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts), your knowledge of the hotel and the professionalism you display will create a sense of “welcome” like no other.
Hotel Overview: Experiences are invited at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire Hotel (a Fairmont managed property), located in the heart of downtown Calgary in the midst of the city's most exciting shopping and recreation area. Our award-winning, 4-diamond, all-suite hotel's neighboring attractions include the Eau Claire Market, Y.M.C.A. and Prince's Island Park - an extensive parkland which plays host to a multitude of Calgary festivals.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Responsible for the delivery of Guest's to their room, luggage, messages and any other items for delivery within the Hotel
- Responsible for valet parking of Guest vehicles upon arrival and departure
- Ensure the timely and efficient transfer of luggage to and from the guest's room
- To ensure the guest is familiar with their room upon arrival ie. temperature control
- Maintain a presence in the Lobby when not delivering luggage to guest rooms, offering assistance to Guests, under the direction of the Bell Captain
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Assist guests with directions to attractions within area
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards, including all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a valid driver's license and present a current driver's abstract
- Previous customer related experience an asset
- Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is committed to an employment equity program that includes special measures to achieve diversity among staff. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website