Exceptional service and cuisine are hallmarks of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts dining experience. As Busperson, you will take pride in the integral role you play in supporting your Food & Beverage Colleagues and “setting the stage” for a truly memorable meal.
Hotel Overview: Centrally located in downtown Calgary, The Fairmont Palliser is the city's premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegantly appointed guest rooms, The Fairmont Palliser is truly the place to be. Join us in delivering the iconic Calgary experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Outlets Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist Food & Beverage Servers in all aspects of the dining experience
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Ensure the proper set up of all side stations in the outlet
- Have knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Have knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous service experience an asset
- Previous Point of Sale System experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Hourly Rate: $15.78 per hour to start, $16.78 full rate.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website