Similar JobsGet alerts for jobs like this Get jobs like this tweeted to you
Exceptional service and cuisine are hallmarks of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts dining experience. As Busperson, you will take pride in the integral role you play in supporting your Food & Beverage Colleagues and “setting the stage” for a truly memorable meal.
Hotel Overview: Born of a golden era, the history of The Claremont dates back to the early days of the Gold Rush, when a Kansas farmer by the name of Bill Thornburg "struck it rich". The Claremont boasts an award winning Spa & The Club at The Claremont.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Outlets Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service ensuring all guest are satisfied
- Ensure adequate supply of clean and accurate menus for service. Check menu condition and re-stock as needed per shift.
- Serve lounge area including but not limited to, taking orders, serving guests, bussing tables, and running food.
- Mix drinks and control the beverage stock as per guidelines when mixologist is not present
- Ensure consistent presentation- utilize appropriate stemware/glassware as required by company standards, polish glassware, stock bar supplies to par levels, etc.
- Service the lounge area and ensure it is presentable at all times. Tables and areas are to remain bussed, clean, and well maintained at all times.
- Extensive knowledge of premium liquor, wine, and beer offered.
- Follow all mixology and F.A.M.E standards consistently.
- Knowledge of European Bottle, formal Champagne, and high tea service and procedures.
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods.
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Actively participate in ongoing learning opportunities and enhancing skills, abilities and professionalism for personal growth.
- Engage conversation with guest and promote Hotel services in an informative way.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience as busser is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of all beverage products
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages in the state of California
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Visa Requirements:Must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
The Claremont Hotel Club and Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website