Location: Whistler, BC, Canada
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Hospitality, Travel, Leisure
ButcherEvery memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Butcher, you will manage the meat, fish and poultry needs of our restaurants and staff cafeteria, ensuring a superior product for guests and Colleagues alike.
Hotel Overview: Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada's premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler's largest conference resort hotel with 529 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the department and ensure all standards are followed
- Complete daily meat, fish & poultry market lists based on hotel volume
- Control costs by utilizing leftover meat, fish & poultry items in staff cafeteria & buffets
- Ensure daily rotation of all butchery items from the outlets to maintain quality
- Liaise with the Purchaser to communicate quality for money ratio
- Maintain consistency for all items leaving the Butcher Shop
- Keep inventory of red meats to ensure proper aging of meats
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in the Culinary field (Butcher) required
- Journeyman's papers or international equivalent is an asset
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website