Chef De PartieWork with our team of Chefs creating world class dining experiences for our guests. This is your opportunity to work in a Kitchen committed to preparing and serving the finest meals. A World-class experience is awaiting you.
For over 130 years, Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation. With 757 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendous growth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire to deliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn't disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It's all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada's most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
Summary of Responsibilities:
If you have experiences in the following skills please describe them in detail in your cover letter and resume as these will be an asset:
- Experience in a traditional Italian restaurant along with the ability to make dough, form, spin and toss pizza's by hand
- Ability to work with a wide variety of fresh seafood and use different cooking methods as well as shucking Oyster's to order in a high paced/volume restaurant in front of guest
Reporting to the Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Assist Sous Chef in training and developing new colleagues.
- Lead, teach, coach and inspire all department colleagues.
- Assist the Sous Chef with the day to day, on site operations of the kitchen.
- Organize production for the day and assign duties to be completed by colleagues
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefing
- Prepare, cook and service all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to the recipes and standards.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items in your area; participate in the creation of daily features and promotions
- Receiving, and maintaining proper rotation of products in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage.
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate
- Clean and sanitize all equipment, counter tops, and shelves, reporting any areas and equipment in need of a work order.
- Commitment to the ongoing success of our Culinary team
- Assist Sous Chef in organizing monthly meetings, and taking minutes.
- Assist Sous Chef in updating Recipe Standards.
- Enforce a safe work environment for all colleagues and guests by upholding the safety rules provided by Fairmont Banff Springs and the Culinary Department.
- Foster an environment of cooperation within the department, and between other departments within the hotel, encouraging participation and input from all colleagues, while promoting professional work habits that will ensure that the department is being guided at all times by Fairmont's Mission, Vision and Values
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Completion of Servesafe Plus, Train the Trainer and Interaction Management are assets
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma
- Safe Food Handling Certification
- Red Seal Journeyman Cook Certificate
- Experience in Luxury Hotel Kitchens
- WHMIS or similar training
- Previous experience is an asset
Perks: Endless staff events, subsidized staff housing, daily duty meal in our staff cafeteria, employee travel program, food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf discounts, competitive extended benefit plans (medical, vision, dental), employee assistance program.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Lifting –up to 50lbs-25% of work time
- Lifting-Under 20lbs 100% of Work Time
- Carrying- Over 20lbs 100% of Work Time
- Pulling- Over 20lbs 100% of Work Time
- Bending, standing, reaching, cutting, lifting, pushing, repetitive physical movements, dexterity and full range of motion of hands to whisk, scoop, cut scale, shape and move product as needed.
- Exposure to kitchen equipment - large and small ovens, stoves, steam kettles, mixers, sheeter, fryers, rational ovens, Steamers, tilt skillets, fridges and freezers as well as blast freezers
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website