Corporate Sales Manager
Selling a memorable experience in an authentic location is the essence of a Sales Managers role at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Your professionalism and knowledge of the Hotel will reflect positively in how you present the property. Building strong relationships will create a bond, ensuring your clients will always stay at The Plaza and with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Hotel Overview: Be a part of the historic castle on the park, The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed hotel, a timeless landmark capturing memories since 1907. Located in the heart of midtown, The Plaza features 282 luxury hotel rooms and suites, the elegant Champagne Bar and stylish Rose Club, as well as the legendary Palm Court, New York City's premier destination for afternoon tea. The Plaza offers enriching experiences and a legacy of excellence and sophistication while offering an authentically local and unrivalled experience for our guest.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
• Ensure the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
• Corporate Published, Preferred and Volume accounts through action plan preparation and execution
• Establish parameters, quotes and negotiate prices, confirming by written contracts
• Direct report for Business Travel Coordinator including day to day management of action plans, annual LEAD reviews, quarterly action step development, communication effort.
• Responsible for leveraging FHRI business travel related programs including ResPlus, Fairmont Famous, GAPP, FPC.
• Actively participate in RevMax meeting and provide recommendations for yielding strategies.
• Responsible for meeting budgeted goals for Corporate Published. Preferred and Volume room revenue and indirectly transient room revenue as determined by Managing Director and Director of Sales and Marketing.
• Actively participates in business review process with all accounts on an ongoing monthly basis.
• Responsible in team goal of increasing REVPAR and market share.
• Participate in tradeshows, sales missions and promotional events within the hotel and trade related organizations pertaining to business travel.
• Maintain accounts, contact, activity and business details within the appropriate software applications
• Work closely with Reservations and Front Office to ensure all details of the contract were delivered and guests depart satisfied
• Prepare, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as required
• Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
• Follow departmental policies and procedures
• Follow all safety policies
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous Sales experience required, particular focus on business travel and experience in account acquisition.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and or relevant computer applications required
• University/College degree required; in industry related industry preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally allowed to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website