Director, Food & BeverageAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. As Director, Food & Beverage, your leadership and vision will ensure outstanding operating results through exciting menu offerings and promotions, an engaged team and consistent guest satisfaction.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Château Laurier is the iconic hotel of Ottawa - Canada's capital city. Built in the age of grandeur, Ottawa's very own castle is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French château. A symbol of timeless elegance, the hotel combines a distinctive blend of historic charm and modern efficiencies
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reportingto the Director of Operations, the Director, Food & Beverage is responsiblefor the overall success of the Food & Beverage Division, which includes theperformance of our 3 outlets as well as In-Room Dining Service, In-RoomRefreshment Centre, Banquets, Kitchen and Stewarding operations. The successfulcandidate must be the driver behind our food and beverage becoming the hottestplace in town! He/she must be creative, dynamic, enthusiastic and passionateabout food and beverage. He/She will work to achieve maximum sales and profitsas well as guest satisfaction and employee engagement while adhering toestablished company policies and standards. He/She will form a close workingrelationship with the members of the Executive Committee and Department Heads.Proven ability to drive revenue forecast accurately and enhance profitabilityas well as strong coaching and leadership development talents are apre-requisite.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- The mandate of the Director, Food &Beverage is to plan and direct the Hotel's food and beverage operations ensuringthe balance between delivering excellent guest service, maximizingprofitability and supporting the development of all colleagues to their highestpotential;
- Strong floor presence and visibility at alltimes;
- Participateactively at Executive Committee and Revenue Management meetings;
- Assistin the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel'sBusiness Plan, which includes the annual Operating Budget, Marketing &Sales Plan and Capital Budget as well as the Strategic Plan;
- Ownershipand implementation of the Hotel's strategic plan and accompanying tactics forsuccess;
- Ensure the development and accuracy ofmonthly, quarterly and annual financial outlooks for the Food & BeverageDivision;
- UseWatson labour management and other available tools to set and monitor staffinglevels and productivity targets with the goal of ensuring a balance betweenservice and profitability;
- Coordinatethe planning and implementation of Food & Beverage capital projects;
- Rolemodels our service promises and Heartist culture, ensures all reportingdepartments have a keen focus on delivery of our service essentials;
- Ensurehighest Guest Service Satisfaction results through monitoring and analysis ofVOG reports and LQA standards, and implementation of appropriate action plans;
- Ensurefull compliance to Hotel operating controls and seek innovative ways to improveperformance on a regular basis;
- Developmenus, wine lists, promotions, specifications and standards for all food andbeverage operations.
- Workwith the food & beverage team to develop signature services for each outletand Banquets Department;
- Lookoutfor food and beverage trends and implement the best of them to remain theleader of the industry;
- Seekopportunities to create awareness and positioning through community involvementand exposure in local media and local scene;
- Ensurethe smooth operation and coordination of the food and beverage operatingdepartments through their respective Department Heads;
- Activeinvolvement in the recruitment process for all food & beverage positions toensure the hiring of the very best candidates;
- Support,guide, direct and develop Department Heads and Managers in providing direction;
- Ensureregular, effective communication with all food & beverage colleagues throughdaily shift briefings, individual departmental communication meetings, FairmontFundamentals development and daily interaction in all departments;
- Keymember of the Leadership and Crisis Management teams;
- 5 to 7 years of progressive management experience inhotels, restaurants & bars operations management;
- Degree/Diplomafrom a recognized Hotel and Restaurant Management Program;
- Excellent culinary and beverage knowledge;
- Familiarity of general accounting principles and policies;
- Ability to analyze data and trends and createstrategies for improvement;
- Knowledge of the Silverware system, Microsoft Word,Excel and Outlook;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team playerattitude;
- Innovative, creative and willing to take risks;
- Results-oriented with the ability to be flexible andwork well under pressure;
- Bilingual in both official languages an asset;
Physical Aspects ofPosition (included but not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website