Director, Revenue Management
Experiencing warm and engaging service in luxurious surroundings is turning moments into memories for our guests at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Apply your analytical and strategic planning strengths as Director, Revenue Management, where you will successfully balance inventory and demand to maximize room revenue opportunities and guest satisfaction.
At the core of Century Plaza's collection of world-class culinary,entertainment, and leisure opportunities stands the Fairmont Century PlazaHotel, which since 1966 has been hailed for visionaries, design, andservice. Century Plaza's unparalleledteam of designers have transformed this modern Los Angeles landmark into theheartbeat of 21st-century city living. Shopping and entertainment at Century Plazasurpass the expectations of the most discerning individual, complementing 1.2million square feet of elite retail and newly completed Westfield Century Cityjust next door. Verdant landscapes and acommissioned sculpture by Jaume Plensa add vitality and spirit to CenturyPlaza's 24/7 urban energy.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, the Director of Revenue Management is responsible for driving incremental revenue and profit for the hotel using a rational, disciplined decision-making process while managing risk under current and anticipated market conditions.
- Maximizing room revenue contribution through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory and rate therein.
- Continual analysis of changing channel distribution models and the impact on consumer booking trends.
- Optimizing hotel and corporate pricing strategies through definition and management of all rates, rate levels, stay restrictions and other tactics, which are congruent with demand factors and which are managed through all distribution channels.
- Lead the RM Team to determine effective and engaging rate offers (packages) which are then offered in to the right customer in the right channel.
- Monitor transient, group and tour booking pace in order to determine pricing and availability controls for all reservation distribution sources. Discusses changes to, and implements those changes in distribution plan accordingly.
- Complete all rooms and revenue forecasting to accurately project unconstrained demand.
- Fully utilize the Revenue Optimization Cycle of the myRPMS/IDeaS system, to ensure that the appropriate overrides are in place, special events are accurately loaded, and the sharing of knowledge with the system in maintained.
- Work with RM Team to determine unconstrained demand and maintains the data within the DAS, both future and historical.
- Work with DOSM and Sales Team members to encourage strategic selection of the right piece of business, in keeping with FRHI guidelines.
- Tracking and analysis of competitive set pricing and yield strategies, gaining the ability to predict the comp set reaction to changes in the marketplace.
- Plays an active role in the Strategic Planning, Marketing Plan and budgeting processes.
- Chairs and prepares materials for the weekly Revenue Management Meetings and follows the FRHI guidelines for meeting content.
- Prepares revenue updates as required by the RM Team.
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment in accordance to health regulations and the hotel's health and safety program.
- Adhere to all FRHI Environmental policies and procedures.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a related area
- Independent and self reliant
- Communication and Influencing skills
- Strategic thinking combined with the proven ability to move strategy to action are foremost attributes
- Comfortable in discussion forums; able to represent ideas succinctly and convincingly.
- Proven experience in analysis and problem solving required.
- Team building skills and proven track record is essential.
- Self-study and independent work ethics are required.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities under time constraints is vital to the success of this individual.
- Strong experience or adaptable training in the use of automated systems, PCs and office products, e.g. Excel, Word
- Knowledge of FRHI Sales & Property Management automation including Opera Property Manager System, Opera Central Reservation System, OXI Interfaces, Opera Sales & Catering, and myRPMS/IDeaS are an asset
- Fluent in English
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in theUnited States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website