Director, Transient Sales
Selling a memorable experience in an authentic location is theessence of a Sales Managers role at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Yourprofessionalism and knowledge of the Hotel will reflect positively in how youpresent the property. Building strong relationships will create a bond,ensuring your clients will always stay with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
The Fairmont Olympic is considered Seattle's most celebrated treasure, and a premier luxury hotel. Since opening in 1924, The Olympic has been the region's destination for prominent civic and social events, as well as honeymoons, birthday celebrations and in-city getaways.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for increasing share and growing revenue from all Transient segments in addition to select secondary Business Travel accounts.
- Accountable for achieving individual room revenue targets.
- Achieve Direct Sales Activities Goals including outside sales calls, entertainment, site inspections, prospecting calls and referrals.
- Develop and implement annual action plan to outline sales strategy and report/review results quarterly with Director of Sales.
- Utilize sales systems to track, prospect, book and follow-up on accounts.
- Secure new business and maximize the value of existing accounts.
- Establish parameters, quotes and negotiate prices, confirming by written contracts.
- Liaison between the relationship of the client and the Hotel during negotiation process as well as on site to ensure opportunity for re-capturing business for the Hotel and the brand and guest satisfaction scores.
- Participate and conduct in site tours, FAMS, trade shows, promotional events and industry organizations that are local and in market.
- Schedule strategic and effective business trips and appointments within assigned markets.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Participate in prescribed training.
- Collect market and competitive intelligence to access and implement strategy and long term goals.
- Assist the Director of Sales with development of marketing plan specifically as it relates to the specified markets.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Quickly respond to all leads and develop/maintain strong relationships with clients, industry colleagues (Fairmont and other) and Global Sales.
- Maintain an effective record of correspondence.
- Follow all safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous Sales experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications andor relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Must be able toprovide or obtain authorization to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website