Driver - Part Time
At Fairmont Hotels &Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory.As a Driver, you will do more than facilitate our guests' safe and efficienttransport – you will be an ambassador for your hotel, your city and ourexceptional guest experience.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Château Laurier is the iconic hotel of Ottawa - Canada's Capital City. Built in the age of grandeur, Ottawa's very own castle is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French château. A symbol of timeless elegance, the hotel combines a distinctive blend of historic charm and modern efficiencies.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Front Office, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages the deliverand collection of Hotel guests for transportation using the Hotel vehicle;
- Consistently offerprofessional, friendly and engaging service;
- Manages theservice coordination with the Front Office, Guest Service team and valetservices team;
- Assist guestsregarding Hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way;
- Follow departmentpolicies, procedures and service standards as required by the position;
- Responsible forthe safe keeping and handling of the vehicle,
- Ensures that thevehicle is kept clean;
- Reports anydeficiency regarding the vehicle working condition and coordinates anymaintenance work;
- Follow all safetypolicies;
- Respect theprivacy and security of our Guests by:
- Adhering to AccorEthics and Corporate Social Responsibility Charter;
- Keeping names,rooms numbers, or any information pertaining to our Guests or their visitorsconfidential;
- Keeping anythingyou might see or hear to yourself;
- Keeping Companybusiness private and not discuss it with Guests.
- Otherduties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills in both official languages;
- Must have a clean driving record (driver's abstract required);
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred;
- Proven guest excellence, good knowledge of the City and surroundings, local restaurants and attractions;
- Have flexible availability;
- Must be reliable and able to work without supervision;
- Great personality and guest service oriented;
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times;
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times;
- Must be in excellent physical condition and able to lift heavy items;
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Sitting, standing and walking throughout shift;
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must already be legally entitled to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website