Engineering Office Manager
Hotel Overview: At the ocean's edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbour views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Work closely with the Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer to find efficiencies between maintenance, engineering and housekeeping to exceed guest and employee expectations.
- Liaise with the Rooms Division and Food & Beverage leaders, as well as other departments to coordinate guest services and resolve emerging issues promptly as they relate to the maintenance and upkeep.
- Guide an extensive Preventative Maintenance Program for guestrooms, public areas, back of house areas, and safety systems to facilitate a building that is remains in “pristine” condition.
- Manage and continuously re-evaluate the need for service contracts and look for efficiencies in the management of such processes as they relate to the maintenance and aesthetics of the hotel in relation to maintenance and upkeep.
- Work closely with the Chief Engineer to prepare operating and capital budget as they relate to maintenance and upkeep.
- Foster an environment of open communication, teamwork and recognition by setting a strong example and by “doing whatever it takes” to get the job done.
- Assist in scheduling and payroll with Chief Engineer.
Maintain all Engineering staff daily attendance and payroll forms; and provides them to Talent & Culture required.
- Maintain all Engineering overtime records.
- Ensure safekeeping and filing of all contracts, financial records, energy reports, etc. in appropriate storage.
- Assist in the prioritization and assignment of tasks to the engineering team.
Assist in the monitoring and maintaining of inventory.
- Assist in the preparation of all report documents, and maintains and files all equipment operations log sheets.
- Assist in ordering parts, supplies, tools and shop materials.
- Aid in the administration of the Engineering Department with purchase orders, inventory, filing, documentation, internal and external guest requests, and dispatching and technical support.
- Work closely with the Chief Engineer to help oversee the successful completion of projects and renovations.
- Comply with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibilities Charter.
Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times.
- Act as a back up in the absence of engineering or housekeeping leadership, and perform any other tasks as required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Maintenance/Housekeeping in a luxury accommodations operation.
- Five diamond hotel experience required.
- Hospitality degree, with Engineering / maintenance diploma is an asset.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and perform well under pressure in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- High degree of competency in Microsoft Office, Opera PMS, and able to learn preventative maintenance systems.
- Must be proactive with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills.
- Dynamic, energetic, creative and thrives under pressure.
- Must be proactive with strong problem solving abilities to ensure the highest level of productivity at all times.
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Candidate must currently have valid work authorization for Canada. The hotel is unable to assist with obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website