Front Desk Agent
First impressions are everything! Your engaging smile and personality are the essence of a great Front Desk Agent with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. As you personally greet our Guests and assist them throughout the day, you will be empowered to deliver on our mission of "Turning moments into memories for our guests".
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Front Desk Agents have 3 primary purposes, including, but not limited to – 1) Greeting guests with a friendly and sincere welcome, 2) Registering guests and handling cash, and 3) Maintaining proper record keeping for guest accounts.
- Greet guests upon arrival with a warm and sincere welcome and register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information, while meeting all required 5-Star standards.
- Accept payment for guests' accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout.
- Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily.
- Cash checks and exchange currency for guests.
- Issue keys and post miscellaneous charges as requested.
- Handle mail, packages, and facsimiles in the absence of the concierge.
- Create reservations for guests who are at the desk or who call in after hours
- Assist the bellman in storing any luggage.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of Resort operations, its services, and facilities.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Resort environmental systems.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different outlets and other departments of the Resort on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in the US.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website