Front Desk Supervisor
Supervision of the Front Desk to ensure a smooth day-to-day operation. Provide training, direction & leadership to the Front Desk staff. Ensure all staff offers outstanding service to the guests & ensure the front office staff follows Fairmont Hotels & Resorts standards.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Austin will offer 1,048 guestrooms and suites, along with 140,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the most anticipated hotel opening in one of the fastest growing markets in the US.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Ensure that all Front Desk colleagues are familiar and updated with hotel's product and services
- Establishes a rapport with guests and maintains good customer relationship
- Works in full cooperation with other departments to make sure the guest is of the utmost priority
- To ensure the safe running of the hotel
- Reviews the arrival report and VIP's to ensure all special requirements are met or exceeded
- Suggesting and attending regular training on updated topics and respective skill set as required by the team
- Communicate and liaise effectively with other leaders in the department and hotel
- Achieves and creates an environment that allows colleagues to achieve job fulfillment and clear growth path for career development with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts
- Execute all tasks related to financial activities adhering to the laid down policy and procedures and ensuring accuracy in record keeping
- Promote our upsell program per brand Standards
- All other reasonable duties as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- Excellent team leading skills and team management skills
- Fluent and confident in English, additional National and International language is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership qualities
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background preferred
- Maintains professional and pleasant body language at all times
- Degree or diploma (preferred in Hospitality and/or Tourism Management)
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website