Working in the Engineering department, the groundskeeper will ensure the maintenance of the property and that it is clean, safe, and exceeds our guests' expectations. This individual will ensure the overall cleanliness of the entire resort property and will work with other team members to sustain landscaping upkeep, plant health, and will be involved in the various projects.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is the ultimate elegant oasis, blessed by natural mineral hot springs in the Sonoma Valley. An idyllic, world famous wine growing region abundant with local products, our resort is designed to exude the California Wine Country experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Performs routine labor and operates light motorized equipment involved in daily resort grounds and landscape maintenance and construction; and performs related work as required.
- Operates light motorized equipment including but not limited to mowers, tractors, edgers, leaf blowers, electric clippers, chain saws.
- Operates light motorized carts for transportation and material hauling.
- Maintains fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment on a daily basis; reports equipment problems or failure to the Manager immediately.
- Returns all equipment cleaned to the designated location at the maintenance facility; and cleans all maintenance areas.
- Collects litter and provide upkeep of walk and driveways, parking lots, fountains and other grounds features.
- Helps in project work, seasonal maintenance, and updates to grounds on a regular basis.
- Working closely with outside contractors for year-round projects.
- Assist in maintaining Health & Safety of guests and colleagues through proper maintenance of all grounds, walkways and driveways.
- Assist in driving Sustainability "Planet 21" Initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Demonstrated knowledge of horticulture, landscape lighting and irrigation
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, holidays.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- CA Driver's License required
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Frequent reaching, bending, heavy lifting (50 lbs.).
- Ability to operate heavy machinery.
- Ability to adapt to extremes of temperature and inclement weather from outdoor working environment.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D.
Apply on company website