Group Sales Manager
Thisposition encompasses working in a fast paced environment and selling a luxury experience in a highly sought after, yet competitive market. As a Group Sales Manager, your professionalism, focus, and knowledge of the market, competitive set and the hotel are all needed to be successful with this strong and collaborative team.
Hotel Overview: Situated atop the scenic bluffs overlooking Santa Monica Beach, Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is just a stone's throw away from some of Southern California's best attractions including Santa Monica Beach, the Pier and its historic carousel as well as Third Street Promenade -- famous for its fine restaurants, live entertainment, movie theatres, shopping, local artists' scene and a weekly farmer's market.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Sales and Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
- Ensure the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis for groups
- Solicit group rooms and Banquet business through action plan preparation and execution
- Establish parameters, quotes and negotiate prices, confirming by written contracts
- Participate in tradeshows, conventions and promotional events within the Hotel and trade related organizations
- Maintain accounts, contact, activity and business details within the appropriate software applications
- Work closely with Catering and Front Office to ensure all details of the contract are delivered and guests depart satisfied
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as required
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Sales experience required; luxury hotel experience preferred
- East Coast market experience a plus
Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications andor relevant computer applications required
University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United Stated of America.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website