Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Career Level: Hourly
Industries: Hospitality, Travel, Leisure
Host / Hostess - Part TimeAs a Host/Hostess with Fairmont Château Laurier, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention provides a memorable first impression for guests of our restaurants and lounges, making them feel welcome and valued.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Château Laurier is the iconic hotel of Ottawa - Canada's capital city. Built in the age of grandeur, Ottawa's very own castle is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French château. A symbol of timeless elegance, the hotel combines a distinctive blend of historic charm and modern efficiencies.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Outlets Leadership Team, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and seat guests in a warm and courteous manner
- Ensure all servers are distributed equal numbers of guests
- Be able to field any guest questions in an informed and professional manner.
- Take and coordinate guest reservations
- Ensure guest satisfaction and compliance to Fairmont Hotels and Resorts Food & Beverage standards
- Other projects as assigned by the outlets manager on duty
- Good knowledge of Window-based programs (word, excel, etc)
- Comfortable with Microsoft outlook and Internet based software
- Knowledge of property manager computer system an asset
- Good food & beverage knowledge
- Excellent communication skills in both official languages
- Friendly and courteous and able to work in a high paced environment
- Knowledge of Ottawa area
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must already be legally entitled to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website