Restaurant General Manager, Kō
Kō, the Kea Lani's award-winning signature restaurant, offers plantation-inspired cuisine in a setting that fuses the natural beauty of Maui with modern design. The expansive menu features island family recipes that have been passed down for generations - including Hawaiian, Chinese, Filipino, Portuguese, Korean, and Japanese favorites. By utilizing the island's fresh produce, meat and seafood, our Culinary team gives these authentic recipes a farm-fresh, contemporary twist. Every element of Kō's contemporary design is reflective of the restaurant's deep respect and connection to Maui's sugarcane plantation era. The colors, textures and cuisine blend seamlessly to offer a dining experience unlike any other.
Known as the island's only all-suite oceanfront resort, the hotel is situated on Polo Beach in the world-class, master-planned destination of Wailea, on the south western coast of Maui. Here's an opportunity to join Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, a luxury hotel brand recognized worldwide for distinctive style and service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage, the Restaurant General Manager is responsible for curation a superior guest experience through effective leadership, planning and directing of all restaurant activities Your passion for all things F&B will lead you to provide the highest quality of service and hospitality, placing Kō on the map as ‘the hottest place in town'.
- Work in partnership with the Restaurant Chef to execute the smooth and flawless operation of the front and back of house
- Accountable for managing the day to day operations with active presence on the floor leading your team to deliver service excellence
- Accountable for driving revenue and profit through the department and implementation of strategies, practices, and promotions while keeping in line with the overall concept.
- Effectively managing the departmental budget
- Effectively recruit and onboard new colleagues
- Train and lead the team in all aspects of the department to ensure service standards are followed
- Promote the growth and development of internal talent
- Actively manage restaurant social media accounts in partnership with the Restaurant Chef, and Marketing/PR Manager in accordance with marketing standards
- Working with the Marketing/PR Manager, manage online reputation by responding in a timely and professional manner, addressing any concerns
- Maintain the safety and sanitation of the restaurant via local Health Department and Ecosure standards
- Ensure all brand standards and programs are in place and maintained
- Collaborate with other departments to contribute to the overall smooth operation of the hotel
- Work in partnership with the Restaurant Chef and Lead Mixologist to create and maintain all restaurant menus while keeping with the overall concept of the restaurant
- Consistently drive innovation to be the ‘Hottest Place in Town' by actively promoting your restaurant within the community
- Within the resort, actively promote the new facility internally to all internal influencers of business
- Ensure we are consistently aligned with all workplace safety and sanitation standards, and operating in accordance with all applicable regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated passion for the industry and guests
- Knowledge of current trends
- Previous leadership in an equivalent role requried
- Proven ability to drive revenues and profit, without sacrificing colleague and guest experiences
- Proven ability in menu design, offerings, effective marketing plans, and online reputation management
- Must possess a valid State of Hawaii liquor card
- Must be able to adhere to the State of Hawaii food handling safety standards
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent work ethic with a high degree of responsibility.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team and build relationships
All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace. We support the Affirmative Action Plan; our program is available for inspection by contacting the Director, Talent & Culture, Monday through Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Apply on company website