As a member of the Engineering department, you will be responsible for assisting and performing repairs and maintenance of equipment and the physical structure of the hotel; in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is the ultimate elegant oasis, blessed by natural mineral hot springs in the Sonoma Valley. An idyllic, world famous wine growing region abundant with local products, our resort is designed to exude the California Wine Country experience
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisors, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• Assists Maintenance Technician I & II & and conducts minor repairs and maintenance on plumbing, physical structure, electrical fixtures, machinery, heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, spa, kitchen and laundry equipment, using hand and power tools, electrician, and plumbing tools.
• Refers to blue prints and manuals.
• Inspects and observes equipment in operation for defects, listens for sounds to locate causes of trouble
• Replaces drive belts and filters on equipment.
• Starts devices to test their performance.
• Replaces washers and seals and clears clogged drains.
• Occasionally paints walls, floors, wood work and fixtures of establishment.
• Makes and repairs wooden structures.
• Changes light bulbs throughout the hotel.
• Repairs locks.
• Replace switches and receptacles.
• Repairs brick, concrete and sheetrock walls.
• check pool/spa chemicals and maintain water analysis logs
• Is familiar with all fire and emergency procedures.
• Maintains shop and other work areas in a clean and organized condition.
• Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his attention, so prompt corrective action can be taken when appropriate.
• Establishes accountability by consistently filling out maintenance log book properly utilizing the rapid response system
• Performs other duties as required
• Eagerness to learn all areas of the Engineering and Landscaping department
• Maintenance and/or technical background or passion; no previous experience required
• Must be able to communicate clearly, verbal and written
• Must be able to speak English sufficiently to communicate with team and guests
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend and stoop
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be able to provide proof that they are legally able to work in the United States
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D
Apply on company website