Revue Junior Server - Full Time
Join the Revue team at Fairmont Austin as a Junior Server! Revue is an all-day dining restaurant unlike any other in Austin. Our unique concept transports guests out of the hotel and immerses them in our four globally inspired open kitchens. Guests will journey through four distinct culinary worlds that come together for a vibrant and colorful a la carte dining experience. Revue's unique approach to cuisine is defined by its diversity and includes the timeless cuisine of Italy, the epicurean and cultural complexities of Asia, and the delicacies of the Sea, topped off with delicious treats from the artisanal Pastry shop. Revue emphasizes on sourcing and preparing locally grown and made products in all aspects of this communal and shareable restaurant that truly has something for everyone.
As a Junior Server in Revue, your role will set the standard for the guest experience. With warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food & Beverage offerings in Revue, you will make guests of our restaurant feel unique and valued. Considering the unique concept of our restaurant, this role will be one of the most hands on and challenging. Working directly with our talented servers and world class culinary team, it is up to you to execute service from four unique kitchens. You will be expected to have an in-depth knowledge of our menu and be able to communicate clearly and professionally with both Culinary and Front of House colleagues as well as guests. Success here will foster exciting opportunities to let you learn and grow within the restaurant.
In becoming a part of the Fairmont Austin family, we offer you unrivaled benefits. Not only do you get to open the largest Fairmont property in North America, you will be working directly with some of the most talented hospitality professionals in the industry. Our culinary team is led by Chef Andre Natera who has cultivated a collaborative, embracive, and professional philosophy within the Food and Beverage department that we are proud to share with you. With top of the line equipment in both the front and back of house, you will be able to provide an extraordinary experience to your guests.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Austin will offer 1,048 guestrooms and suites, along with 140,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the most anticipated hotel opening in one of the fastest growing markets in the US.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Assist servers with food and beverage delivery
- Maintain a critical eye for detail and uphold a sense of urgency
- Follow Revue policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous service experience an asset
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset, but not required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website