Rooms Maintenance Technician, Temporary (6-months contract)
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, an exceptional guest experience begins even before check-in and extends throughout every stay. As a Rooms Maintenance Technician, the organizational support you provide to the Housekeeping and Engineering teams will ensure our guest rooms are well equipped and welcoming – and our guests feel valued.
Hotel Overview: Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada's premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler's largest conference resort hotel with 529 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure - start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Building Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Service, repair, and general maintenance of guest rooms
- Cleaning, stocking and preparing guest rooms for inspection and guest arrival
- Service, repair and general maintenance of the hallways and/or public areas
- To actively participate in The Fairmont Chateau Whistler's environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Complies with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and code of ethics
- Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
General handyperson skills are necessary
Must have a high level of attention to detail
Proven self-motivation, ability to work well with minimum supervision
Must be team oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent organization and communication skills
Previous maintenance experience is an asset
Must be physically fit and able to carry/move heavy loads – up to 50 pounds
Previous cleaning experience is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website