Rules & Regs Barback - Part TimeJoin the Rules & Regs Bar team at Fairmont Austin as a Barback. Rules & Regs is an indoor/outdoor bar located on the rooftop of the 7th floor of Fairmont Austin, with panoramic views of Lady Bird Lake and the Austin skyline. This refreshing respite is open 7 days a week, offering light fare throughout the day, accompanied by a signature list of unique cocktails hand-crafted by friendly mixologists. Rules & Regs is a haven for those looking for serious relaxation, or a seriously good drink. An unapologetically bold attitude makes this casual-cool bar the “it spot” of the hotel, drawing a hip crowd of local and visiting young professionals who like to make and break their own rules. From day to night, Rules & Regs is the ideal place to socialize, lounge and experience hosted events from pop-ups to live music.
As a Barback with Rules & Regs, you will work with other talented colleagues to ensure that our guests receive prompt and exceptional service. Working with our hand selected and experienced bar team to maintain a seamless guest experience, attention to detail and maintaining a sense of urgency is paramount. Success here will foster exciting opportunities to let you learn and grow in the craft of bartending.
In becoming a part of the Fairmont Austin family, we offer you unrivaled benefits. Not only do you get to open the largest Fairmont property in North America, you will be working directly with some of the most talented hospitality professionals in the industry.
Our culinary team is led by Chef Andre Natera who has cultivated a collaborative, embracive, and professional philosophy within the Food and Beverage department that we are proud to share with you. With top of the line equipment in both the front and back of house, you will be able to provide an extraordinary experience to your guests.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Rules & Regs Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Maintenance of liquors, garnishes, glassware in work area.
- Accurate and timely production of customer orders and server orders.
- Articulate, friendly mannerisms with guests and associates.
- Ability to deal and work with associates gracefully, even while under pressure.
- Maintains clean work area and cleans glasses and miscellaneous items according to health department specifications.
- Keep all working areas in a clean and safe condition.
- Adherence to all company policy and standards of customer service.
- Maintain cleanliness and stocking of Beverage store room.
- Insure Bartenders have adequate glassware, garnishes, beverages, and supplies at all time.
- Assist Bartenders with guest service at any busy period.
- Previous bartending experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of all beverage products
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website