Sales Service Manager
Selling a memorable experience in an authentic location is the essence of a Sales Managers role at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Your professionalism and knowledge of the Hotel will reflect positively in how you present the property. Building strong relationships will create a bond, ensuring your clients will always stay with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Be a part of the historic castle on the park, The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed hotel, a timeless landmark capturing memories since 1907. Located in the heart of midtown, The Plaza now features 282 luxury hotel rooms and suites, the elegant Champagne Bar and stylish Rose Club, as well as the legendary Palm Court, New York City's premier destination for afternoon tea. The Plaza offers the Five Diamond standard of excellence and sophistication while offering an authentically local and unrivalled experience for our guest.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:Will handle inquiry, prospecting and other client development based on Sales Team Deployment in support of individual booking goals. Responsible for selling, negotiating and confirming agreements in line with The Plaza booking parameters.
Will handle all servicing for groups booked by any team member from contract confirmation to execution including coordination with CPS Events at The Plaza and liaise with all key internal departments to execute flawless group experiences.
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
- To handle all incoming calls from the hotel's client base that want to book guest rooms with or without meeting/catering functions as outlined in the Team Deployment. Will handle the call from the client from beginning to end, processing all the information pertaining to the booking and disseminating this information to the appropriate departments via memos, banquet event orders, directives, resumes and rooming lists in a professional and timely manner.
- As necessary receive all details for the meeting/function from the client and coordinate with CPS Events at The Plaza. Should set up Opera S&C file and monitor all activities of the account. Will personally process all information on this booking to the other departments in the hotel responsible for delivery of services while this client is on property.
- Must obtain the rooming list for the group 30 days prior to their arrival (or as required by contract) and pass it along to reservations with full address and billing instructions. Accounting should also be copied in on these instructions. Will also request deposits where applicable and in line with hotel standards and forward to Accounting. Must also make sure that the hotel has appropriate credit information on file for each account.
- Ten days prior to arrival prepare and distribute a Meeting/Group Resume to all departments within the hotel effectively and accurately communicating the group's requirements.
- To meet the client upon arrival to the hotel for their program to review all details of their function maintaining visibility throughout the program to ensure all details of the meeting/function are being looked after while the client is in the hotel.
- Meet with the client prior to departure to ensure that all promises were delivered and to see if there is any future business for the hotel pending or to acquire lead information/referral for other FH&R hotels.
- Maintain group lead log and assign leads based on Sales Deployment and administrate all proposals and contracts for all bookings.
- Be knowledgeable of all hotel policies and procedures in support of fire safety laws and regulations.
- Attend weekly departmental communications meetings, also sales meetings as required.
Determine and recommend prospective customers from market information/resources, develop and maintain prospecting list.
- Conduct pre-conference meetings including clients and key department heads to insure proper preparation of program experience.
- Solicit group business through the preparation and execution of action plans developed on a quarterly basis utilizing SMART planning strategies.
- Independently responsible for achievement of objectives as outlined in the action plans. Within established parameters, quote and negotiate prices, confirming by written contracts.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required. As directed, assist with the compilation of competitive intelligence information.
- Conduct site inspections and client entertainment to support achievement of established monthly, quarterly and annual bookings goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Sales experience preferred
- Profiency in organizational planning, implementation and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Minimum 2 years experience in hotel conference services/catering/sales or equivalent, additional experience in the hospitality industry an asset.
- Must have a working knowledge of Opera PM systems, Microsoft Office.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with attention to detail and organization a must.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications andor relevant computer applications required
- Bachelors degree and/or Hotel Management degree
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
•Japanese and/or Mandarin Speaking Skills
Visa Requirements: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website