Food & Beverage Server
Become a part of Pittsburgh's evolving food scene at Fairmont Pittsburgh's new restaurant. The Server will be excited and passionate about the boomin' Pittsburgh Food & Beverage scene. While providing exceptional guest service and a comfortable atmosphere, the Sever will be knowledgeable of all food & beverage offerings.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh's business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Restaurant General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Create a welcoming environment
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
• Knowledge of beverages, menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods to drive sales
• Provide wine and craft cocktail recommendations to pair with menu items
• Collaborate with the Culinary team through F&B system and verbally to maximize guest satisfaction related to food experience
• Set up and tear down of service stations
• Responsible service of alcohol
• Assist guests with enquiries
• Review daily reports, arrival's, VIP's and groups in house
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 1 year experience required as a Server in a fast-paced, high-end restaurant / luxury property and/or substantial Fairmont food & beverage experience (minimum of 6 months) in a high volume Server capacity
• Operational knowledge and proficiency in F&B systems (Silverware)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment, while working cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
• Ability to stand and be mobile for up to 8 hours
• Ability to move quickly and efficiently
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of valid U.S. work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts connects guests to the very best of its destinations worldwide providing travelers with memorable travel experiences, thoughtful and attentive service and luxury hotels that are truly unforgettable. Each Fairmont property reflects the locale's energy, culture and history through locally inspired cuisine, spirited bars and lounges, and distinctive design and décor. With more than 70 hotels globally, and many more in development, the Fairmont collection boasts some of the most iconic and distinctive hotels in the world. The extraordinary collection includes The Plaza in New York, The Savoy in London, Fairmont Grand Del Mar, Dubai's Fairmont The Palm, Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, Fairmont San Francisco and Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Québec City. Fairmont is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,100 hotels, resorts and residences, as well as in over 3,000 of the finest private homes around the globe. For more information or reservations, please visit fairmont.com. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website