Sous Chef - Todd English Food Hall
A special occasion calls for great food! As a Sous Chef with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts you will lead a team of culinary professionals in creating spectacular dishes that will create memorable dining experiences for our Guests. Your experience in managing various aspects of a kitchen will be reflective in positive Guest satisfaction and Colleague engagement results.
Hotel Overview: The Todd English Food Hall — a European-inspired specialty food hall — offers the finest fresh, prepared, and gourmet foods. Designed by renowned architect Jeffrey Beers, The Todd English Food Hall mirrors the aesthetics of the finest food specialty markets throughout the world. The global architecture is reflected in mosaic marble floors, elegant wood paneling, ceramic backdrops and stained-glass windows.
Known for his interpretation of rustic Mediterranean cuisine, Chef Todd English expands his culinary borders to international flavors, creating a true dine-around experience among the nine diverse food stations (Ocean Grill & Oyster Bar, Noodle & Dumpling Bar, Pasta Bar, Sushi Bar, The Grill, Taqueria, Pizza, Cheese & Charcuterie, Wine Bar and Patisserie). You can join us here, entertain, or take us out so why would you go anywhere else?
The Todd English Food Hall has a 3,500-square foot private dining room that can accommodate groups up to 175 guests for a reception and up to 70 for seated function. The private room comes equipped with audio visual and Chef's action stations for an interactive experience. Groups of up to 30 guests can be accommodated at our communal tables and receptions for up to 300 guests can be held using the entire Todd English Food Hall.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte andor buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Conduct daily shift briefings to kitchen colleagues
- Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
- Liaise daily with Outlet Managers to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Maintain and enhance the food products through creative menu development and presentation
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Actively interact with guests at tables
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in the culinary field required
- Journeyman's papers or international equivalent required
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Japanese and/orMandarin speaking skills
Visa Requirements: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website