Staff Accountant – Developer Entity
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the administration of the Developer Entity, HOA and Tri Party books, including but not limited to general ledger transactions, month end close and balance sheet reconciliations and analysis. Must be a team player, able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment and able to multi-task as needed.
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the, Assistant, Director of Finance, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Administration of Developer Entity, HOA and Tri Party books, including but not limited to general ledger transactions, month end close and balance sheet reconciliations and analysis.
- Maintain system of accounts and controls, providing accurate data for accounting reports
- Process accurate and timely month end requirements – Journal Entry
- Assist in Hotel month end journal entries and reconciliations as needed.
- Assist in the completion of financial statements, management reports for review
- Assist in the preparation of month-end balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis
- Prepare bad debt documentation as required per Policy and Procedures for write-offs
- Maintain a close working relationship and communicate with all appropriate parties involved in transactions for the named books
- Preparation and posting of adjustments in accounts receivable as required
- Assist departments in the interpretation, orientation, training and analysis of accounting matters
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks, in order to promote teamwork
- Must work in a Health & Safety conscious and prudent manner
- Must follow all local and Corporate policies and procedures as related to the position
- Must be willing to accept on-demand ad-hoc analysis/tasks as requested by senior management
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the (Assistant) Director of Finance & Business Support/Chief Accountant
- 3 years+ of professional work experience in the hotel industry (Accounting, Credit function preferred)
- Previous Front Office, Reservations or Night Audit experience an asset
- Must have proven track record in month end close, General Ledger management function
- Must have strong analytical, organizational skills and demonstrated numeric aptitude
- Must possess strong PC skills including Excel, Word at minimum
- Must have working knowledge of property management applications, POS and Accounting ledger systems (book keeping and reporting)
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both written and verbal
- Bachelor degree in Hotel Management or Business Administration (Finance or Accounting preferred), or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Apply on company website