Staff Dining Attendant (Permanent Full Time)
We arelooking for motivated self-starters to come join our team at Fairmont BanffSprings Hotel. Develop your skills as you interact daily with colleagues andleaders and open the door to endless opportunities with a luxury hotel brandwhether you are looking for a future career in Culinary or in Guest Serviceswithin Food & Beverage.
Hotel Overview: For over 130 years, Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct andiconic reputation. With 757 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences,78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largestfood & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies isthe place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendousgrowth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire todeliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn't disappoint.Just a 90 minute drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community ofhospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, andfamilies alike. It's all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain cultureoffers true work–life balance in one of Canada's most spectacular destinations.Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine responsibilitiesand essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Communicate with the Chef to learn daily work tasks and their coordination, and complete daily prep list.
- Perform work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary time frame.
- Assisting Chef and culinary team with light preparation duties in the kitchen
- Be knowledgeable of all areas in the cafeteria.
- Be knowledgeable of plate presentations and preparations of all menu items.
- Communicate with all cooks daily for proper pars and production requirements when needed.
- Keep back and prep area clean as you work.
- Fill and maintain the prep list up to par, check daily.
- Restock clean dishes, flatware and trays
- Replenish condiments and food items in the salad bar
- Sweep and mop floors
- Unpack supplies and store items accordingly
- Report any colleague comments or concerns, to ensure the interest of better guest satisfaction
- Understands and maintains health and safety policies in a safe and injuryfree workplace by following Occupational health & safety standards, safework practices, complying to all sanitation and equipment safety checklist foroperation and maintenance
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
- High School diploma
- Previous experience is anasset
- Safe Food HandlingCertification and WHMIS required
- Theability to work both as part of a team as well as independently in a fast pacedenvironment
PhysicalAspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing andwalking throughout shift
- Lifting –up to 50lbs-25% of work time
- Lifting-Under 20lbs 50% of Work Time
- Carrying- Over 20lbs 30% of Work Time
- Pulling- Over 20lbs 30% of Work Time
- Describe Motions- Bending,standing, reaching, cutting, lifting, pushing, repetitive physical movements,dexterity and full range of motion of hands to whisk, scoop, cut scale, shapeand move product as needed
- Work Environment-Exposure tokitchen equipment – large and small ovens, stoves, steam kettles, mixers,sheeter, fryers, rational ovens, Steamers, tilt skillets, fridges and freezersas well as blast freezers
Perks: Endless staffevents, subsidized staff housing, daily duty meal in our staff cafeteria,employee travel program, food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf discounts,competitive extended benefit plans (medical, vision, dental), employeeassistance program.
VisaRequirements: Mustbe legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidatesin obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLYTODAY: Whetheryou're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you tovisit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn moreabout Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities thatexist!
ABOUTFAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
AtFairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitalityexperience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our gueststhe best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll findexceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean,Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry -leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels& Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locationslike London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont PeaceHotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork andEmpowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating allcolleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader,Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award -winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website