Travel Industry Specialist
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, all guest service has the potential to create a lasting memory when it is delivered with warmth and sincerity.
Hotel Overview: Having opened March 2018,Fairmont Austin offers 1,048 guestrooms and suites, along with 140,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the most anticipated hotel in one of the fastest growing markets in the US.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Travel Industry Sales Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to corporate, leisure and entertainment client inquiries while consistently delivering the highest level of service
Book and enter room reservations for individuals and small blocks using the Property Management System (Opera)
Update BT sales records in local drives and on ACCOR platforms
Assist with contracts, proposals, promotions, reports, and client events as needed
Update corporate and leisure marketing materials, flyers, and presentations
Run daily arrivals reports and coordinate VIP services
Assist in the management of RESPLUS, FAMOUS AGENTS and LeClub ACCOR Hotels programs and promotions as needed
Management of IT and FIT segments, including blackout dates notification
Process no shows and late cancellations
Process Travel Agency commissions and respond to inquiries
Load rate codes on booking channels
Follow department policies, procedures, and service standards
Follow all safety policies
Other duties as assigned
- Previous customer related experience required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Previous Property Manager System (Opera) experience preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications required
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute
- Strong interpersonal skills, self- motivation, and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, walking and standing
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website