Utility 3, Engineer
Our Engineering Team is a vital part of our operation and ensure that the hotel is in tip-top shape. Our Engineering Team is also responsible for responding to guest inquiries and providing a great service experience. A successful candidate will not only have strong technicial skills, but must also be passionate about providing excellent service.
Hotel Overview: Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada's premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler's largest conference resort hotel with 529 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Service and repair duties of guestrooms and public areas
- Attending to guest room calls
- Maintenance of health club facilities including hot tubs and pools
- Various projects as assigned
- To actively participate in the Chateau Whistler's environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Member of emergency response team
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- General handyperson skills are necessary
- Must have a passion for guest service
- Must be physically fit
- Must be team oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have an eye for detail
- Must be able to work independantly with little supervision
- Ability to use various hand and power tools
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Very frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website