A part-time position is open at a major Book distributor.
Company:Well Established Book/Magazine/DVD distributor with more than 25 locations in the world.
General Position Summary
This position is required to handle inquiries and purchase orders for the HQ in Japan. In accordance
with the assignment by Manager or Assistant Manager, Export Coordinator contacts publishers or vendors, and
makes purchases. In order to comply with the requirement from our Japanese office, accuracy, task management,
negotiation and communication skill is needed. In addition, the responsibilities include making shipments, and
general office administration tasks such as answering phone calls, submitting monthly reports, filing, and so on.
EXPORT COORDINATOR DUTIES
· Contacts publishers or vendors regarding subscription claims, order processing, pricing inquiries, availability,
placing orders, online access concerns, and other matters related to our business. The products and the types of
the publisher vary; journals, books, online databases, magazines, CDs, DVDs, merchandising products, antiques,
· Prepares shipments twice a week to send books, journals and documents to the Japan office. This involves
physically packing the boxes, weighing them, and preparing the required documentation. In addition, when
making shipment for non-book products, follow the appropriate instruction to ship them.
· Ensures a smooth flow of information between publishers and the Japan office, such as passing along updated
publisher mailing addresses, new pricing information, reports on problematic orders, etc.
· Handles Magazine orders, invoices, payments, credit requests, etc. This will also occasionally involve going to
local newsstands to purchase magazines.
· Conducts publishing and book industry market research as per requests by the Japan office.
· Attends trade shows to meet with publisher representatives and to gather industry information.
· Prepares a monthly report at the end of each month to inform fellow members and the Japan office about
work progress, suggestions for procedural improvements, concerns about potential problems, etc.
· Reports Japan office about unresolved inquiries in appropriate period.
· Issues checks with appropriate ordersheets. In busy season, checks-ordersheets matching work is needed.
· Invoicing: to match NY store purchase invoices with Logistic deparment’s check lists and Stock Receipt Notes.
And then entering the billing information on the Stock Receipt Notes and in our database, as well.
-Native-level English skill.
-Japanese language is not required.
-Working experiences in the publishing industry strongly preferred.
Work Days Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri (4 days/week)
9 am to 5 pm (1 hour unpaid lunch is included.)
Location: New York,NY (New York City) Salary: $14/hr
Frequency of over time: Rarely
Benefit Summary: 401k and NYC Earned Sick Hour
Report to: Assistant Manager and/or Manager
Salary: $14.00 /hour
Experience in Publishing industry: 1 year
Apply to this job