A Medical Technologist job in Minnetonka, MN is now available courtesy of Adecco Medical & Science. This is a contract position starting ASAP and going for approx. 6 months but could get extended based on business needs and could also be temp-hire for the ideal candidate. The hours are Monday through Friday 8 hour shift; Rotates between the hours of 730am-6:30pm. Currently: 7:30am-4pm, 9am-5:30pm and 10am-6:30pm
The Query Lab team seeks to advance innovation efforts and learnings to improve the ways we prevent, detect, and intercept disease. We are looking for qualified Lab Scientists (MLS/MT) to work in the state-of-the-art clinical lab on cutting edge research and development studies, along with running clinical assays to CLIA standards. The Lab Scientist will carry out studies brought down by researchers and weigh in on the learnings/findings from those laboratory studies, acting as a resource when needed. The Lab Scientist will also correlate data based on their clinical knowledge, technical expertise, and troubleshooting skills to ensure proper accurate results are being reported. This position will require the individual to work well on a team and collaborate with customers of the lab, promoting customer satisfaction.
• Appropriate specimen handling, storage and processing
• Analyze specimens or samples using automated analyzers, Bio Rad PCR, spectrophotometer, DNA sequencer, Simoa HD-X analyzer or other instruments following written SOPs
• Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies, along with writing any SOPs needed
• Review results for errors, document any corrective action and report results to appropriate lab standards
• Troubleshoot any instrumentation issues
• Consult with lab director, researchers, physicians, scientists, or other experts on methods of and findings from tests
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility
• Clean, organize, calibrate, and maintain laboratory equipment
• Follow all company policies and procedures to ensure product integrity and quality control
• Identifies and troubleshoots errors or problems occurring during test performance and documents problems, corrective action and resolutions
• Complete continuing education and competency assessments as needed
• Adheres to HIPAA regulations and other regulations set forth by the laboratory regulatory agencies
• Solid computer skills and knowledge and use of Laboratory Information Systems
• Knowledge and practice of standard laboratory safety practices and procedures
• Bachelor's degree in a related laboratory field including the related lab practicum or equivalent routes as specified in CLIA '88.
•Possess or be eligible to receive appropriate HHS approved laboratory certification (ASCP or AMT). If not certified, must obtain certification within 1 year of hire.
• 3+ years of lab experience
• 3+ years' experience demonstrating critical thinking skills
• 2+ years' experience successfully thriving in an environment with ambiguity
• Proven ability to work independently, be organized -- possess the ability to prioritize, take initiative and commit to the completion of each assigned project
• Preferred BS in Medical Laboratory Science/Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology
• Experience working in a CLIA Accredited lab
If you are interested in this job opportunity, then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Medical and Science go to www.adeccousa.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit http://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy/. The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Apply on company website