As an experienced field service tech you will be responsible for fitting, sanitary welding, grinding, and polishing work as assigned by the LCS Service Manager Cross training for fitting, sanitary welding, grinding, and polishing of piping projects will be included. Service work rebuilding pumps, valves, and troubleshooting liquid food processing equipment, will be common. They are to adhere to all , work instructions, and safety policies. Engagement in Continuous Improvement and Lean Initiatives is also required. The Service Tech II works through a detailed job Skills Matrix, providing advancement, accountability, and personal growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
*An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education: Advanced education or welding certification preferred.
Experience and/or Training: AWS or ASME
PHYSICAL / WORKING DEMANDS:
1) Generally good working conditions in both a manufacturing plant and customer's sites. Moderate physical effort including frequent standing/walking and occasional exposure to high noise levels is required. During the summer months, exposure to heat and humidity may occur. Lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling of objects weighing 30-50 pounds (45%). Manual dexterity and fingering are required (20%). Stooping, kneeling, bending, and crouching are required (35%). Noise levels in work areas may fluctuate from 82 to 110 decibels.
2) Equipment used includes calculators, measuring devices, hand tools, and welders. Overhead crane use may be required.
3) Ability to understand both spoken and written directions and good vision required.
4) Personal protective equipment required includes protective-toed safety shoes and safety glasses with side shields.
5) Appropriate OSHA safety training is required.
6)Maintain a safe working environment and comply with all safety and environmental policies/procedures. Each employee is to place environmental health and safety requirements as the priority in the performance of their work duties. An employee is responsible for notifying their immediate supervisor of a violation or deficiency in working conditions and for recommending corrective measures, if possible. Additionally, the employee's immediate supervisor is to be notified of every injury or illness, or near miss.
7) Extended overnight trips to customer's site are expected. Hotel costs are currently covered by a company provided expense account and credit card. Per diem will be expensed out on the same report and deposited by direct deposit.
8) Travel by means of a company vehicle, plane or other modes of transportation as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Apply on company website