Certified Nursing Assistant
Primary Location: MA-MABeverly-600 Cummings Ctr
Function: Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Come join our amazing team of Certified Nursing Assistants and Clinical staff supporting the Adults and Elders in our community-based day programs. Have an amazing impact in the quality of services for the adults and families we support, making a difference in the lives of others each day.
Adult Day Health offers a continuum of services and supports for elders, including those with complex medical or rehabilitative needs. Our services help those we serve feel their best and be as active as they would like to be.
As a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with Adult Day Health, you will work to ensure our program meets the needs of each of the individuals we serve. Our caring staff works with each participant to create an individualized Plan of Care that fits their needs and interests. For one adult, this may mean help managing an illness such as diabetes. For another, it may mean social activities; help with medications and meals tailored to their special dietary needs. Depending on each person’s unique needs, the care plan may include services such as nursing care, social activities, healthy, delicious meals, and transportation to and from their local center.
We seek a compassionate and committed CNA to provide nursing services, training, and support to address the medical, behavioral, and psychiatric needs of individuals.
Specific tasks include:
- Ensure follow through of specific programs developed by the care team.
- Responsible for participant safety and well being at all times.
- Monitor and provide training in mealtime programming as necessary, prepare food as needed.
- Assist participants with basic hygiene skills (grooming, toileting) and other tasks (feeding, shopping) according to each participant’s Plan of Care.
- Work as a member of the treatment team. Cooperate and effectively communicate with other staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of Plan of Care and programming for each participant.
- Assist with bowel and bladder incontinence, management of bowel and bladder program and/or care of urinary drainage catheters or equipment and support.
- Manage physical transfer of participants following training guidelines.
- Facilitate leisure planning with participants. Assist participants and accompany participants to appointments and leisure activities.Interact with participants in an empathetic, respectful, caring, and dignified manner.
- Adhere to Emergency Manual guidelines; conduct emergency drills.
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of participants at all times. Complete all cleaning activities as identified on cleaning schedule and as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete necessary documentation, reports, etc. in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner.
- Substitute for other CNAs. Recruit own substitute for scheduled shifts when necessary with supervisor’s prior approval.
- Attend staff meetings, conferences, in-services as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with compliance of Department of Public Health requirements.Follow confidentiality requirements at all times.
- Adhere to Participant Bill of Rights and other policies and procedures.
- Care for and maintain all recreation and residential equipment. Confer with supervisor regarding current equipment status and needs. Communicate supply and maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Adhere to Personnel Policies and Procedures; successfully complete mandatory trainings. Responsible for attending annual refresher/re-certification courses prior to certification expiration dates.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
Apply on company website