Position at Advanced Technology Services, Inc. Advanced Technology Services (ATS) grew out of the need for American business to remain competitive in a rapidly changing global economy. ATS has grown into a leading supplier of outsourced factory maintenance, industrial component repair and IT services for top Fortune companies. ATS has improved the performance for the world's most sophisticated companies, and we owe our success to our employees. Your time and your knowledge are important - make the most of both. At ATS, we've continually empowered our employees to develop their skills and advance in their careers. It's our philosophy, along with our uncompromising commitment to customer satisfaction that has made ATS a success and a great place to work. We currently have an immediate opening for a Calibration Technician I. SUMMARY Under direct supervision, evaluates calibration systems that measure characteristics of objects, substances, or phenomena. Tests and calibrates controlling, indicating, and measuring instruments and devices to ensure specified operating performance, using hand tools, testing and calibrating instruments and equipment, and precision measuring instruments. Performs complex repair and calibration of test equipment. Prepares calibration documentation in accordance with standards. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following duties, which represent a minimum of 20% of the employees time. Other site or department specific duties may be assigned by the manager on a job design form)
- Travels to customer site for calibration, repair, and technical support when necessary.
- Reads quality control manual and testing specifications to obtain data to test or calibrate specific devices.
- Selects and installs accessories, such as adapters, indicating gauges, or holding devices on test or calibration fixture, and connects instrument or device to fixture, according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Sets controls to regulate factors, such as current flow, timing cycle, pressure, temperature, or vacuum, according to specifications, and activates test or calibration equipment.
- Observes readings on meters and gauges, and other displays and performance of device or instrument to identify functional defects and determine calibration requirements.
- Adjusts calibration mechanisms to obtain specified operational performance of device or instrument, using hand tools and precision measuring and calibrating instruments and equipment.
- Applies sealing compound on calibration mechanism to prevent readjustment of settings and loss of calibration.
- Rejects malfunctioning devices and routes devices to specified department for rework or salvaging of parts.
- Prepares calibration certificates and data reports.
- Processes required service report paperwork.
- Interacts with other departments and personnel to resolve any related issues.
- May perform more advanced functions as part of training and development.
- Participates in Service/Quality Initiative continually improves processes quantitatively monitors processes. Completes required quality core classes and uses skills and techniques presented. Uses the Core Values in work environment. Adheres to company/customer safety procedures.
- Must be a team player, organized, self-motivated and able to prioritize.
- Ability to: read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals write routine reports and correspondence speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Associates degree from a junior college or technical school and one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specific calibration and metrology training as provided in a technical school/junior college or military curriculum.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT - The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand walk use hands/fingers to handle, grip, or feel reach with hands and arms climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is also required to occasionally use a standard keyboard and computer, and occasional use of other office equipment. The employee may also be occasionally required to wear rubber gloves. The employee is regularly exposed to caustic chemicals and risk of electric shock and occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate.
- Medical/dental plans
- Prescription drug program
- Vision plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible spending account
Apply on company website