Position at Advanced Technology Services, Inc.
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better. Click to learn more about ATS
- Provides high level troubleshooting, debugging, and programming, of controls associated to industrial processes, robotics, motion controls, and data acquisition systems among other electrical and electronic devices. Engages in the design, installation, commissioning, and ongoing maintenance efforts of complete controls systems. Demonstrates the capability to specify, utilize, and work with a variety of hardware and software platforms within a dynamic industrial environment.
- Extensive travel required. (Local, National, International)
- Designs, develops, and tests new control systems through the identification and sourcing of parts, supplies and repair items as necessary.
- Performs evaluations of alternatives to improve cost and / or reliability of equipment. Compiles alternative packages for purposes of retrofit, upgrade, or alternative functionality of equipment.
- Performs expert level systems troubleshooting and maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devises in operation to isolate root cause of problem; utilizing hardware or software devices to gain access to and rectify defects; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; testing of device to observe performance; and performing tests for electrical circuitry.
- Demonstrates the competence, capability, and willingness to perform routine maintenance activities, supporting mechanical work as needed, and engagement within reliability centered efforts.
- Tests, maintains, and modifies existing control systems; up to and including the retrofit and reprogramming of existing systems.
- Reviews, revises and improves existing procedures and documents
- Analyzes data and reports results with management and staff
- Collaborates with senior controls engineers, design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers, and other internal staff
- Acts as a liaison with clients, suppliers, contractors, and relevant authorities
- Provides technical/troubleshooting support for both mechanical and electrical issues
- Understands and ensures compliance with health, safety, and quality regulations
- Provides training and consulting support for new employees, technical staff, and customers
- Develops new business proposals in concert with inside sales, operations leadership, and account management
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Related Field from four-year college or university with at least eight years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Advanced Process Control (APC), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Combination of hands-on technical skills and project management skills
- Previous experience in a research and development or manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to write technical documents and business proposals
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
- Medical/dental plans
- Prescription drug program
- Vision plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
Development and Training:
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their skillsets. You'll be given the resources and mentorship you need to succeed in a company committed to education, development and organic growth.
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.
Apply on company website