Position at Advanced Technology Services, Inc. ATS makes factories run better. For the second year in a row, Advanced Technology Services, Inc. (ATS) receives top honors in three categories as an industry leader from the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals. ATS improves productivity and profitability for many of the world's most respected manufacturers including Eaton Corporation and Caterpillar, through improved factory production equipment maintenance, industrial parts repair and IT solutions. Founded in 1985, ATS employs approximately 3,000 people across the US, Mexico and the UK and is headquartered in Peoria, Illinois. Do you enjoy troubleshooting, problem-solving, and having every day be different? Then perhaps being an ATS Manufacturing Maintenance Technician (electrician, mechanic, multi-skilled technician) is where you should be. You will work on-site in the aerospace, construction equipment, automotive or other top industries, repairing manufacturing equipment, ensuring a well-running, efficient factory. As a Maintenance Technician, (knowledgeable and competent as a production equipment electrician, mechanic, multi-skilled technician) you'll capitalize and build upon all your industrial knowledge and skill base. Varied work, competitive pay, and professional development, it's all here for you, a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician with ATS! Summary: Under minimal supervision, performs expert level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer's manuals, diagrams, sketches etc. Consults with engineering experts when reference materials do not exist. Principal Duties/Responsibilities:
- Performs expert level break-fix preventative maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devises in operation to locate root cause of problem dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts examining parts to detect imperfections adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments repair and/or replacement of defective parts testing of device to observe performance and performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems reconditioning and repairing machine tools.
- Identifies and sources parts, supplies and repair items as necessary. Performs evaluations of alternatives to improve cost and / or reliability of equipment.
- Independently performs maintenance as per industry standards.
- Works with Planner Scheduler to optimize preventative maintenance procedures.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks.
- Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards.
- Leads, drives and participates in CI activities--processes, results and cost savings using CI tools and methodology.
- Provides assistance to lower level technicians and leadership to project teams. Performs expert functions as a part of training and development.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes complex control systems to resolve in-depth software/ hardware and configuration problems.
- Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data. Observes trends and makes recommendations.
- Updates records and reviews CMMS history and analyzes data.
- Completes and conducts on-the-job training and technical self-study programs for career development.
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors Required:
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Associates degree with a Technical focus and 5 years of related experience in specific industry or, 7 years of experience in specific industry.
- Experience in predictive technologies, precision alignments, and general maintenance of applicable process equipment.
- Understands electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems. Can analyze the problem, synthesize alternative solutions, and perform repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate.
- Experience in vibration analysis or laser interferometer operations, precision alignments, and maintenance of applicable process equipment.
- May be required to travel.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance and a flexible spending account - save money pre-tax for eligible medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program and Comprehensive Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match - to prepare for your future
- Extensive Safety Training, New Hire Orientation, Continuous Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time - encouraging work-life balance
Not just a job - a great place to work!
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.
Apply on company website