Dental Assistant supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act. The dental assistant may also mix filling compounds, take impressions of teeth, and provide patients with postoperative instructions.Job Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, explaining recommended treatment service and providing postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders for supplies, and verifying receipt as assigned.
- Eliminates waste and conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The following additional functions may also be required of this position.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Applies dental sealants to patient upon diagnosis by dentist.
- Place and trim in-office denture relines upon diagnosis by dentist.
Ability to work required hours
Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others in a team environment
Possess outstanding internal and external customer service skills
Strong organizational and problem solving skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Professional and positive demeanor
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an interior dental/clinical environment that
involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.Travel:
Travel is not a regular duty of this position, but may be required from time to time.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
Preferred Education and Experience:
- One year of related experience
- EFDA certification
- Oregon sealant certification
- Denture soft reline certification
- Oregon X-ray certification
- Dentrix software experience or similar
Advantage Dental Support Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities. Individuals who may have inquiries regarding Advantage Dental Support Group's policies and procedures regarding EEO and Affirmative Action should contact the Human Resources Department at 866-928-9231.Other Duties:
Please note the job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Advantage Dental Support Group reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
Advantage Dental is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Apply on company website