Responsible for providing high quality academic and, where applicable, lab instruction to students in a given subject through well prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair and holistic assessment of learning, clear document of student progress, and support of academic success of at-risk students.
- Teach all assigned courses.
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching that course.
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines, and approved, standardized syllabus.
- Provide interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting.
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning progress.
- Where required, track student attendance.
- Clearly document student progress.
- Provide a fair assessment for all assignments.
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis.
- Respond to student questions on a timely basis based on the standards for that specific school/SBU.
- Provide necessary documentation for students.
- Provide academic advising and mentoring.
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are achieved as defined by the syllabus.
- Where applicable, ensure safety and sanitation of all labs, kitchens, equipment, supplies and students.
- Maintain assigned "office" hours; be available to students as needed.
- Participate in and provide feedback to institutional committees and reporting.
- Work with program chair and other appropriate groups on retention activities.
- Assist with new student registration and orientation.
- Serves as a faculty advisor for student clubs.
- Assist director of education in program evaluation and planning.
- Complete and maintain an Individual Development Plan/Summary.
- Attend regularly scheduled in-services and content/discipline specific development activities.
- Complete annual appraisal with direct academic advisor.
- Responsible to maintain credentials as required by accrediting councils/agencies.
- Engage in professional development as required by accrediting councils/agencies and/or the SBU/school.
- Demonstrates CEC Standards as defined for faculty members:
- Communication, Assessment of Student Learning, Pedagogical Mastery, Course Subject Matter Expertise, Utilization of Technology, Teaching Diverse Learners, Student Engagement Protocol Adherence, Promotion of Active Student Learning, Operating within Educational System, and Demonstration of Scholarship.
- Possess appropriate terminal degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or international equivalent)
- Appointment as a full-time faculty member.
- Demonstrate sustained quality and continuous improvement in teaching, generally not less than a full teaching load for 4 quarters while at the rank of associate professor.
- Demonstrate potential for growth and continuous improvement as a faculty member.
- Demonstrate leadership, at the rank of instructor, as a coach/mentor to peers as a means of facilitating continuous improvement in the area of teaching.
- Teach in an academic program that remains viable in terms of academic quality and contribution to organizational goals.
- Recommendation from peers and academic administration at the program, campus, university level.
- Demonstrate commitment to institutional and/or community service.
- Demonstrate current contribution to academe in form of scholarly work, which may include creative expression that is subject to peer review.
Apply on company website