Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate. The individual selected will provide electrical engineering services to safely meet Warrick Operations' business plan by providing support to production, maintenance, and engineering. This position is a critical interface in the efficiency, output, and quality of our processes and will be responsible for electrical systems safely integrated with manufacturing, along with upgrades of existing equipment.
Major responsibilities for this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing process improvements to safely meet Warrick Operations' business plan.
- Creating and developing programs that will support process improvements and new electrical systems.
- Coordinating all phases of assigned area electrical engineering projects from concept, scope development, written specifications, bid solicitations, design, manufacturing, equipment commissioning, and project closure.
- Assisting production and maintenance with equipment and process issues.
- Functioning as a problem solver, applying theory and experience to develop process improvements and correctly identifying problems by submitting sound recommendations for long-term improvements of equipment and processes.
- Leading and participating in process improvements with multi-discipline technical staff, maintenance and production.
- Mentoring employees to increase their knowledge of equipment and process.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with PLC's, HMI's, AC/DC drives & motors, low & medium power distribution, gauge measurement and level II control systems
- Minimum 3 years' experience in leading, managing, and executing electrical projects.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Experience in Root Cause Problem Solving
- Experience leading capital projects
- Warrick Operations experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Apply on company website