Overview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Rolled Products North America (RPNA) division is seeking to add a talented Electrician to its Lewisport facility. The purpose of this role is to maintain and take proactive measures to ensure all equipment is operational and functional to meet the production and quality requirements. You will be required to install, inspect, test, calibrate, repair, maintain, various types of measuring, indicating, timing, communications, combustion control, control instruments, electrical equipment, circuits and systems. Troubleshoot and carry out specific repairs on specified direct metal making process computer equipment, up to and including level 2 computers as directed by management. PM and maintain all HVAC units in the plant and electrical devices as required.
- Troubleshoot all electrical equipment; design, install, repair, inspect, test, calibrate, adjust, modify, construct, clean and service electrical/ electronic/ pneumatic, and recording systems; combustion controls; refrigeration and HVAC systems. Perform layout and installation of electrical equipment and circuits working from general instructions, prints, diagrams and electrical codes to conform to specifications; disassemble, repair, fabricate replacement parts and assemble electrical equipment;
- PM and record test results, and repair equipment as needed, document all findings on the PM's and fill out appropriate paper work to record all work;
- Troubleshoot and carry out specific repairs on specified direct metal making process computer equipment, up to and including level 2 computers as directed by management;
- Perform tasks such as, assemble and disassemble of scaffolding, as required in conjunction with assigned work; use cranes; industrial vehicles and material handling equipment, as assigned and/or needed, etc.;
- Maintain clean and orderly conditions in shop and work areas; Observe all safety rules and etc.
Material Used Processed and Handled:
Electrical equipment such as motors; generators; transformers; rectifiers; switches and circuit breakers; relay and control equipment; combustion controls; communication equipment; electronic and fluid controls; electronic testing and measuring devices; precision measuring instruments; gauges; all electronic, electrical, power generation, transmission and distribution systems; instruments; panel boards; wire, cable, conduit, fittings and fasteners; insulating materials; solder; solvents and cleaning materials; paint; parts and supplies associated with the electrical craft, etc.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Power and Manual hand tools, saws, drill presses, sanders, threading equipment, pipe benders, wrenches; soldering, cutting equipment; electrical testing and measuring equipment; vibration analyzers and oscilloscopes; ladders and scaffolding; bucket truck, aerial lifts, and cranes; wet/dry cleaning equipment; hydraulic jacks and bearing pullers; vacuum pumps, thermocouples; two-way radios; measuring and testing equipment such as scales, thermometers, gauges, micrometers, pyrometers, psychometers, gas analyzers, voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters, watt, meters, frequency meters, and signal generators, ultrasonic testers, infrared test equipment, recorders and digital equipment and specified troubleshooting software, etc.
- High School diploma or GED.
- At least three years of electrical maintenance experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment and/or graduated from a electrical program from a technical college required
- Must meet or exceed the pre-placement assessment requirements
- Ability to perform physical and labor intensive tasks
- Flexibility in working hours including ability to work day, evening and night rotating shifts, daily overtime, weekends and holidays
- Ability to adjust to the changing needs of a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to travel domestically
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
Apply on company website