Company: Aloft Houston By The Galleria
Location: Houston, TX
Career Level: Director
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience, preferably in both Rooms and Food and Beverage.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to stand and move throughout hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Create and maintain a customer-driven hotel with a customer-keeping vision that inspires the hotel associates to do their best. Oversee the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service.
- Tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor property condition, cleanliness, cost control, and quality of product and service throughout hotel.
- Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees such as Research, Development and Standards committee.
- Aid Human Resources with associate issues following HEI Hotel and Resorts' policies. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate. Develop and delegate improvement plans for operation and review performance of management team.
- Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for the property and HEI Hotels and Resorts.
- Meet with potential and current clients to promote hotel.
- Active involvement in the Sales and Revenue Management function including but not limited to: following HEI Key Meeting SOPs (RevMax, Hot Prospects, Sales Strategy Meeting), involvement in Group site inspections and group closing process, review results from ESS/MPSI Measurement Tool.
- Guide other members of the Executive Committee, Management and staff to make sound business decisions is a critical portion of the responsibilities. Create and execute the financial objectives of the hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Apply on company website