Hospital Collector - Remote
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Hospital Collector is responsible for the collection of outstanding patient accounts from various insurance companies. Overcomes barriers to assure timely and correct payment. Understands managed care contracts to ensure prompt and accurate reimbursement.
- Conducts appropriate account activity on final billed claims by contacting government agencies, commercial insurance payers, third party payers, and patients/guardians via phone, email or on-line. Ensures that issues with accounts are clearly articulated, and completes the correct steps to get the account corrected, paid, and closed.
- Ensures daily productivity standards of assigned accounts are met. Maintains inventory with no back-log. Prioritizes assigned tasks and conducts the appropriate follow through. Responds effectively to questions regarding collection accounts and provides an accurate explanation of status.
- Reviews contracts and ensures that accounts are adjusted and/or paid correctly. When appropriate, requests re-bills, secondary billing, corrected billing and/or adjustment to accounts. Ensures identified issues are properly documented in notes.
- Recognizes potential delays with payor so that corrective actions can be taken. Obtains information, as needed, from appropriate internal sources. Responds in a timely manner to avoid AR aging. Submits accurate and timely written technical appeals, as needed. Escalates payment delays/problem accounts to supervisor in a timely manner.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum Experience: Minimum of two (2) years hospital billing and collecting experience in an automated environment required. Understanding of Managed Care Payer Contracts and contract language required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required. Ability to multitask and maintain a work pace appropriate to workload required. Computer literacy and proficiency required. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job required. Previous Healthcare Experience preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: None.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Accounting, Finance, Patient Accounting, PA,
Apply on company website