Deputy General Counsel - Hospital Operations
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Deputy General Counsel, Hospital Operations will be responsible for day-to-day Legal Department oversight of, and participation in, hospital operations for Prospect's entire portfolio of hospitals. Hospital Operations Counsel assigned to one or more individual Prospect hospitals will report directly to this position and this position will report directly to the General Counsel.
- Responsible for supporting day-to-day hospital operations for the hospitals in Prospect's
- Drafting and developing organizational policies and procedures.
- Counseling management daily on a range of legal and regulatory issues.
- Working with the operators to structure, develop and draft a variety of physician
- arrangements, to ensure compliance with fraud and abuse laws and physician self-referral laws.
- Working closely with members of the Compliance department.
- Managing internal investigations, including the retention and management of outside
- Effectively responding to outside regulatory agencies.
- Creating and disseminating legal education modules to field personnel related to the
- requirements of the existing regulatory environment.
- Developing programs and tools to assist with efficient, compliant day-to-day operations, including the recommendation and implementation of systems.
- Designing, implementing, and monitoring compliant operational structures to meet organizational goals.
- Delegating to, supervising, and managing Hospital Operations Counsel in their performance of aspects of the above-listed functions.
Minimum Education: J.D. from a nationally recognized law school. Member in good standing of a U.S. State Bar (preferably one of Prospect's states of operation).
Minimum Experience: A minimum of 10 years of relevant legal experience, including in a large, multi-faceted for-profit healthcare setting. Strong leadership and management experience, along with extensive experience with healthcare/hospital operations. Prior law firm and in-house experience is required. Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and to work collaboratively as part of a team in a busy, fast-paced environment. Clear, concise and persuasive writing and presentation skills. Ability to respond effectively under pressure and successfully manage a diverse and demanding workload. Strong work ethic and a high degree of perseverance and energy. Problem solver mentality. Ability to creatively come up with appropriate solutions. Extensive experience in supporting hospital operation matters, including but not limited to hospital governance, Medical Staff, reimbursement, billing and coding, physician arrangements, marketing, surveys, licensure, and regulatory compliance are required. Management experience is required for this role.
Req. Certification/Licensure: J.D from a nationally recognized law school.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit https://prospectmedicalsystems.com/about-us/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: J.D, hospital governance, Medical Staff, reimbursement, billing and coding, physician arrangements, marketing, surveys, licensure, regulatory compliance, Management, Operations, compliance, Legal.
Apply on company website