We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Controller is responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements/financial reporting, net revenue and expense analysis for the hospital/organization according to established procedures and performs other related work related to the Accounting function. Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results and communicating variances to leadership. Administers and directs programs to provide accurate and timely financial information to the organization. Completes reporting to various government agencies and outside auditors as required. Partners and coordinates information with other departments and finance/accounting staff.
- Prepares monthly financial statements, including current and comparative analysis. Provides detailed and thorough variance analysis, net revenue, and expense trend analysis. Identifies issues with hospital department operations and financial reporting. Communicates identified problem areas to appropriate leaders. Ensures that reporting is accurate, timely and communication around the financials is clear.
- Review and completes the posting of transactions and journal entries. Evaluates existing procedures for recording assets, liabilities and financial transactions. Implements new, revised or modified bookkeeping and accounting procedures when appropriate. Reviews posted entries for accuracy and appropriate accounting practices and compliance.
- Defines goals and plans for provision of services for the department in conjunction with CFO/ACFO. Coordinates with members of the finance team to ensure accuracy and efficiency is maintained. Makes effective and logical decisions that are within scope of role. Performs other tasks including special projects, as necessary and assigned.
- Ensures compliance and reporting requirements are met with all applicable agencies, including internal and external auditors and debt agencies. Prepares appropriate schedules and appropriately answers all questions.
- Maintains general accounting systems. Applies principles of accounting and statistical analysis to maintain daily and monthly records. Maintains appropriate security and confidentiality of data and financial information.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Business/Accounting or equivalent experience required. Master's Degree of Business Administration preferred.
Minimum Experience: Eight (8) years progressive accounting experience/finance in healthcare required. Strong financial background with comprehensive knowledge of accounting theory, practices and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required. Hospital Controller experience preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Certified Public Accountant preferred
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Finance, Accounting, Controller, Analysis, Audits, Hospitals, Data, GAAP.
Keywords: Posting Of Transactions, Journal Entries, Recording Assets, Liabilities, Financial Transactions, Modified Bookkeeping, Accounting Procedures, Entries, Compliance, ACFO, General Accounting Systems, Principles Of Accounting, Statistical Analysis, Finance, Business, Accounting, Business Administration, Accounting Experience, Healthcare, Accounting Theory, Practices, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP, Hospital Controller, Certified Public Accountant, CPA, Acute Care, Hospital.
Apply on company website